Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

TechTips, Tutorials, and History...

Some thoughts on iWeb and the Blogging TechTips

Having used Dream Weaver to build several websites, I was not a big fan of iWeb. It seemed too cute, too simple. That is not to say those are bad characteristics. In fact I have used the simple and cute photo album feature many times to create pages in my .mac account. There is also no easier way to post a podcast.

I thought about using iWeb for my MAC blog, but with an established Blogger account and quick vCard assignment I was off and running. I have thought several times since about the advantages of having my blog was on my me.com account. Separate pages for each week, and the “more” tag would have made a better presentation.

The blogging tutorials that promote iWeb Blogging TechTips should be moved into the first week assignments for this course :)

Tech Hx: One Laptop Per Child (OLPC)

I have heard and read much about the OLPC project when it was getting started. I think it is a great idea and videos in this assignment document that. The initial bad rap was the relatively high cost. The $100 laptop ended up costing almost $200. Still a great idea and opportunity...

Copyright: Good Copy Bad Copy

Sampling to create remixes, mash-ups and “Techno Brega” is being widely heralded as a way to create content or a new art form. After viewing this film, I interpret it as copyright infringement. I wouldn’t sample or copy and paste from documents that I read on the Internet or in a library to create my reports and projects.

Scratch, The Alice Project, Flash, PPT…

This activity could be a course in itself. There are a lot of great possibilites, too much possibility to explore right now with a thesis paper and project looming. I was a fan of Seymour Papert’s work when first introduced to in the early 80’s. It is very cool to see current progressions. Definitely several things I can and will use in class…

1 comment: