Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Week 2 Response to Tonya

TANYA DOLL Topic 2a
I was very young when I first heard Cat Stevens play. My parents bought me his album, yes, record album and I played Cat's in a Cradle over and over again. It touched me on a very superficial level at the ripe old age of 9 but I can still remember thinking it had sort of a sadness about it that transfixed me. AS I got older I began to understand the real meaning behind that song and to this day it touches me. I think the lyrics said so much to me when he sang, "when you comin home son, I don;t know when, but we'll get together then, dad"...and I had just lost my brother to a motorcycle accident, therefore the words hit home

@ Tonya I to was deeply moved by Cat Stevens. In the seventies I wore out an LP and probably a cassette tape too of Cat Stevens Greatest hits. Add to the that James Taylor's Greatest Hits, released about the same time. Great to see him on the Academy Awards...

No comments:

Post a Comment