Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Week 1 Topic 1

Briefly share an experience about using media (Visual or auditory) in class or during a presentation, focus your comment on any work-around or solution you used when the tech wasn’t working or when the tech wasn’t adequate to do what you had originally planned.

In 20 years of teaching with technology I am veteran of many media disasters, all of which I prefer to forget, even those with creative work arounds. Most recently my teacher workstation was upgraded and my Smartboard connection, a VGA splitter was no longer working. Quick fix: log out and back in with just the monitor connected, and then add the splitter. The show must go on.

1 comment:

  1. My universal troubleshooting procedure: Turn off the device, walk away for five minutes, come back and turn the device back on. 90% of the time that "fixes" everything.

    ReplyDelete