Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Week 4 Post 3: California Dreaming

My dream teaching or presentation environment …

I had the privilege of putting together two Macintosh computer labs to teach a new “Tech Lab” class in middle school. In the years that followed the lab evolved from 68030 and 68040 Macs to iMacs, eMacs and G5 teacher workstation. During that time I also added OS X server software to G3 and G4 Mac Pro computers, projectors, Apple Remote Desktop and variety of application software. I was living a dream during anyone of those years J I now find myself in a 7 year old PC lab wishing I had my Mac lab again. Maybe 20” iMac or laptops would be the student workstations this time. Unfortunately it would have to be in another district.

What stands in between me and my dream job…

Hopefully only one more class J I have to say I have a very good job now as a Magnet Computer Lab teacher in an elementary school and this after teaching in a middle school computer lab is very agreeable. While at the middle school I was given a job teaching Computers in Education in the teacher credential program for the University of LaVerne. As a county tech mentor and a computer lab teacher with a computer lab, I was a stopgap measure that helped them to meet new teacher credentialing standards for their program. The job lasted one year. After that the course was made into a prerequisite for the program. Sometimes I think I would like to teach college students again, maybe online. I would also love to get back into a Macintosh lab. I think having my EMDT MS will open new doors…

No comments:

Post a Comment