Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Week 1 Topic 2

Tech in your workplace: How has your workplace kept up with tech or not kept up with tech? What kinds of tech things have you bought to use in your classroom/presentation?Please give examples (and have a little fun with the idea...).

Keeping up with technology is a never-ending quest that is limited by funding. I would like to replace all of the computers in my lab every four years, install the latest versions of operating systems and software. But too often that is not possible it is the little things that are sometimes appreciated the most like memory sticks for the Sony mini DVD camcorders and a green laser pointer : )

1 comment:

1. I used to get all frustrated getting catalog after catalog even though, if we were going to buy anything, our purchasing period for the year was usually between December and February (after we'd gotten the go-ahead based on our numbers and with enough time to get the product before the summer break) and to add insult to injury, if we bought a bunch of computers (over two), it became a "project" and the installation wouldn't happen until the following September-November time frame. Computers bought in January had to wait until September to be installed. And that's if everything went well. Okay, i'm venting too much...

ReplyDelete